Audition materials for the Alpharetta High School Orchestras are now available. Please download the correct packet for your instrument at the bottom of this page after reading the information below. Auditions are recorded on your own, then you upload your video to the cloud, and complete a Google form with your information. The audition packets have very specific directions.
Students should audition for the particular ensemble they would like to be placed. If you would like to look up the etudes, here they are:
- Philharmonia (Level 2)
- Violin: Wohlfahrt Foundation Studies, Book II, #25
- Viola: Kayser, 36 Elementary and Progressive Studies, Op. 20 #1
- Cello: Schroeder 170 Foundation Studies, Vol. 1 #27
- Double Bass: Simandel, 30 Studies #2
- Sinfonia (Level 3)
- Violin: Wohlfahrt Foundation Studies, Book II, #30
- Viola: Kayser, 36 Elementary and Progressive Studies, Op. 20 #7
- Cello: Schroeder 170 Foundation Studies, Vol. 1 #31
- Double Bass: Simandel, 30 Studies #8
- Symphony (Level 4)
- Violin: Mazas Etudes Speciales, #10
- Viola: Mazas Etudes Speciales, #10
- Cello: Schroeder 170 Foundation Studies, Vol. 1 #61
- Double Bass: Simandel, 30 Studies #25
* Each orchestra has different audition requirements and the materials for each orchestra is in each instrument-specific audition packet.
* If you are interested in the NEW AHS Chamber Orchestra (Level 5), you should prepare the Symphony audition then indicate your interest in being considered for Chamber on the submission form.
* If you audition for an ensemble and aren’t accepted, you may be placed in the a class level below.
* If you wish to be a member of the AHS Concert Orchestra (Level 1), no audition is required.
- AHS Violin Audition Packet 18-19
- AHS Viola Audition Packet 18-19
- AHS Cello Audition Packet 18-19
- AHS Bass Audition Packet 18-19
- Note: Harp players will play for Dr. Laux individually.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2018 at 11:59 PM
Please contact Dr. Laux if you have questions or concerns.