AHS Graduation Orchestra
THURSDAY May 25, 2017
Verizon Wireless Amphitheater,
Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park
2200 Encore Pkwy, Alpharetta, GA 30009 (404) 733-5013
Thursday May 25th
12:45pm – Truck loads – Back of Auditorium FIRST (risers), then to the Band Room
1:45pm – Set-up Crew report to VWA stage
4:00pm – ALL MUSICIANS report to at VERIZON (if you drive, parking lot “C”); uncase instruments in designated area – go immediately to the stage and be seated and tuned by 4:15pm
4:15pm – CALL TIME
– Sound check and rehearse with engineers (orchestra tuned and already in place)
5:30pm – Choir Rehearses and does sound check
– strings, winds, percussion – go to instrumental musician’s backstage area – You may bring a snack
and a small beverage or go to concession during this time. Use the restroom before you return
to the stage at 6:30pm; no one can leave the stage during 2-hour graduation ceremony.
6:30pm – CALL to be on stage; final tuning before ceremony
6:50pm – “Throne Room and End Title” begins (Laux)
7:00pm – “Also Sprach Zarathustra” / “Pomp and Circumstance (Walsh) as Seniors enter, followed by the “Star
Spangled Banner” (Jenkins)
9:00pm (very approx.) – Graduates are played out of the amphitheater to “Millennium” (Laux)
SHEET MUSIC INSTRUCTIONS:
1. BE SURE TO BRING ALL GRADUATION MUSIC (this includes personal copies) TO THE REHEARSAL ON YOUR FINAL EXAM DAY.
2. WE WILL HAVE FOLDERS TO PUT THE MUSIC IN FOR GRADUATION. MUSIC WILL BE TAKEN UP AT THE REHEARSAL ON TEST DAY. THE MUSIC WILL BE PLACED ON YOUR MUSIC STAND AT THE AMPHITHEATER.
IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING CEREMONY –
• LEAVE MUSIC IN CLOSED FOLDERS ON CHAIR – LIBRARIANS WILL COLLECT. Pass clips to librarians, push stands down and turn tops over – help rack all music stands. CHORUS STUDENTS COLLAPSE RISERS and roll to the truck
• Those using school owned instruments are responsible for getting them back to the school Tuesday morning – or having them checked out in advance
• Leadership and loading crew (CHORUS, BAND & ORCHESTRA) – report to the AHS Band Building for unloading of Truck – WE WILL UNLOAD SCHOOL AFTER GRADUATION (percussion cannot stay in truck over weekend)
PARKING – REMEMBER to use LOT “C” – FROM AHS – west on Webb Bridge towards downtown Alpharetta, then left on Westside Pkwy (towards Avalon); RIGHT on Maxwell Rd, continue past Encore Pkwy, then turn immediate left into Lot C
LADIES – Nice dresses that cover knees when seated (lady cellist/bassists may wear nice dress pants and a blouse) CLOSED TOE DRESS SHOES ONLY– NO OPEN TOE SANDALS, NO TENNIS SHOES
GENTLEMEN – Dress pants, Button down shirt with collar and neck tie. Sports or suit jacket. Dress Shoes, absolutely NO TENNIS SHOES, TOP SIDERS, NO OPEN TOE SANDALS – and NO WHITE SOCKS!!!!!!
Please avoid bright colored clothing – performers should wear darker attire.
CASES – Tubas, cellos, string basses, baritones, tenor & bari-sax behind curtains Cases Closed and up against the wall. All other cases in the musician waiting area back stage.
Students should bring their own dinner, drink, and snacks. The Verizon concessions will be open, but the items are pricey.
At no point should cell phones should not be out on stage. Please bring a book to read to pass any down time.
Remember, we are UNLOADING the truck IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING GRADUATION. Truck will be unloaded at Band Room first, then auditorium. ALL LEADERSHIP should plan to help.